Sunday, August 22

I may have forgotten to mention...

...that (after many struggles attaching the binding) I finished my hexagon quilt last week!


(Thanks to my lovely roommate for helping me take pictures!)

I quilted it with zig-zags following the horizontal rows of hexagons. I used a variegated thread that picked up all the bold, beautiful colors. I like the finished effect, but it was really hard to keep the tension consistent, especially around seams. I don't know if I'll be using variegated thread again any time soon...



I really like the back. I used some of my leftover hexagon pieces and solids to piece it. Now all I need to do is make a label! Where do you put the label when the quilt doesn't necessarily have a top or bottom?

Oh, and my inside corner binding tutorial is in the works for y'all. It should be up sometime tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! I LOVE IT!

    Now I wish I would of joined in the quilt along.

    GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt looks amazing. Lovely work.

    quiltytherapy @ yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the BIG hexagons and vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I'd love it if you would include a way for me to contact you so I can reply.

— Meghan