I was up early this morning and got some sewing done. Actually, I was up late. To be even more precise, I'm still up late. Insomnia won last night, and I didn't sleep a wink — not for lack of trying. So please forgive this overly perky, stream-of-consciousness sporadic post. I'm running on Red Bull fumes at this point.
Since I just happened to be taking photos while the sun was still up (doesn't happen often!), I tried taking them outside. But they tried to fly away. So here's a picture from my ironing board, shoddy point-and-shoot flash and all:
I wish I had more to show for my all-nighter, but I ran out of thread! I sewed up three columns of geese, each one measuring about 68 inches. (They're taller than I am!) I probably could have gotten part of another column pieced, but I'm completely addicted to chain-piecing and I can't stop mid-chain to run out and buy thread. So three it is.
The good news is the columns are coming together rather quickly. I have two more columns of geese and four columns of coins. Oh, and the ridiculous border I decided to make out of 2-inch squares. I was pressing seams thinking "I can totally have this ready for the Bloggers Quilt Festival," when I remembered the border. Then I burned my wrist on the iron. I'm hoping the border comes together surprisingly quickly like the columns have been so far.
This is totally unrelated, but few people I know in real life would truly appreciate this awesome table. I was out having a beer with my roommate and just had to take a picture of this. (By the way, Don Draper drinks High Life. I finally watched the season finale during my sleepless night.) I can't wait to sketch something on graph paper! I think this needs to become something Christmasy...
ps: This post is linked up with Fabric Tuesday at the Quilt Story blog. If you like fabric, check it out!
Oh man, these are lovely! The colors and patterns really stand out. I can't wait to see this quilt finished!
ReplyDeleteYour design is beautiful!!! Awesome! I love the colors. I saw your project at the Fabric Tuesday Linky Party! Nice!
ReplyDeletecarla louise
www.ohsewaddicted.com
Love those strips! The colors are fab. looking forward to seeing it all done :) Thanks for sharing, see you next week!
ReplyDelete