To distract myself by the lack of things I've accomplished lately, I have a lovely assortment of bee blocks coming my way! October was my month the Bee in my Bonnet virtual quilting bee. I sent out some jummy Robert Kaufman Christmas-themed fabric, and pretty much asked my fellow bee members to go to town. Here's what I've seen so far:

1. Bee in my bonnet Oct block, 2. Meghan's Block, 3. Megan's Chrsitmas inspired block, 4. for Meghan, 5. 100_0485.jpg, 6. Star Bee Block, 7. Meghan's October Block 1, 8. Meghan's October Block 2, 9. Meghan's October Block
Amazing, right? My bee members graciously allowed me to post their photos, please click the links above to see each photo in its full glory on Flickr.
I'm going to add a 2" red or green border to each block. Here's a sketch I made last month before I shipped off my fabric:
Just as I was about to publish this post, Julie H. posted this beauty to Flickr:
I haven't made my own block for this quilt yet. Actually, I haven't decided if I'm going to or not. Julie F. made two blocks, so I may make one myself for the front and work the extra block into the back, or I may not make a block.
I'm thinking of doing fairly simple, sparse quilting on this one so I can have it ready to snuggle under after Thanksgiving, and so I still have time to work on Christmas gifts.
Awesome... love the Santa face.
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I love them all.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited FOR you! I know I had a ball making mine and it sure looks like everyone else did too :)
ReplyDelete