Monday, March 15

finished quilt top and some blogs to check out


After dragging my feet for days, I finally finished assembling the quilt top. I'm incredibly happy with how it turned out, especially the corners. Tomorrow I plan to wash the backing fabric and assemble the back. I should be able to get it quilted this weekend!

Before I got started quilting this morning, I was drinking my coffee and perusing new blog updates on my Google reader and found two awesome blogs you should check out...

For amazing deals and fabric finds: The Fabric Shopper — Rosie is a seamstress who blogs about online fabric finds, including a "Saturday sales blitz," among other things. Her "what's on sale and where" page hosts a Google document where retailers can submit their sale information and is a must-visit when you're shopping.

For tutorials and inspiration: Modify TraditionQuiltDad wrote about this in his latest post. These ladies "modify" traditional blocks by making them with modern fabrics. I was so enthralled when I clicked over, I had a hard time pulling myself away from the computer!

4 comments:

  1. love it!! happy campers is such an adorable fabric line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt. the happy colors shine in the simple design Good choice,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Meghan! Congrats on a great finish! American Jane is one of my absolute FAVORITES!
    Bradie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt top. Such fun fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I'd love it if you would include a way for me to contact you so I can reply.

— Meghan